
Nick Kennedy. PE Major and Jav. Thrower.
Today was the Slippery Rock University Track and Field Invitational. As a physical education major I think that it should be important that the students in our major show more of an interest in sports on campus. If we are future coaches and sports advocates, why does our major not encourage more participation and viewing of sports. Instead of giving bonus for attending an on campus event, why not make it an on campus sporting event. I don't know what the answer is, I just wish our sports teams had more caring spectators and fans. It would be good for portfolios and experience building for people in our major to help out at sporting events. The track team even pays people who help at the meets. Just my thoughts for the day.

I agree with you 100%. I feel that not just Physical Education majors should but all students. As a football player having a ton of fans in the stands cheering you on makes the game much better. I think most student athletes here will tell you that the more people at a game the better they and the team will play. Hopefully next year students show more support at all sporting events and cheer for their college team
ReplyDelete