Sunday, April 18, 2010
PE Required Heart Rate Monitor
I have one of the heart rate monitors that we are required to buy for our PE classes. My question is why do we not buy heart rate monitors that have a built in pedometer? If we are using them in class it meets the needs of the class requirements, but outside of class it falls short of a runner or exercisers needs. When I use it outside of class I can never tell how far I have run. I would like to be able to see the miles I have gone, not just how high my heart rate got. There has to be other heart rate monitors that we can get a good package deal on that have more useable options. If we have to buy one, we should buy one that has everything on that an athlete and teacher could utilize.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I also enjoy using the heart rate monitors outside of class. It would be too expensive to try and get everyone in the department to buy these monitors. We already got the heart rate monitors that are currently required at a good deal. Most people use ipods and apple has now incorporated a pedometer. Pedometers are also very inexpensive for the most part.
ReplyDelete